The ultrasuede material ALCANTARA® is a high-tech synthetic fabric whose texture is most similar to natural suede, which is exclusively getting produced by the ALCANTARA S.p.A. in Italy. It combines quality, smoothness, fineness and color variety with particular resilience and easy care.
ALCANTARA® has the best quality of all ultrasuedes and it is an unequaled benchmark since more than 35 years. It offers a protective barrier against dirt and liquids of all kinds with its special Teflon stain protection technology. You need to touch and feel it for yourself to recognize its real appeal.
- WEIGHT: 325 g/m² +/- 1%
- THICKNESS: 0.8mm +/- 0,05mm
- UPPER WEAR LAYER: 68% polyester
- UPPER BACK LAYER: 32% polyurethane
- LOWER WEAR LAYER: 65% polyester
- LOWER BACK LAYER: 35% cotton
- COATING: Teflon® protect technology
- STANDARDS: CO2 Climate neutral, Free of emissions
- SCRUB TOURS (Martindale): >150,000 tours
- DRY RUB FASTNESS (EN ISO 105-X12): Level 5
- WET RUB FASTNESS (EN ISO 105-X12): Level 4
- LIGHT FASTNESS (XENOTEST): Level 7-8
- PILLING (EN ISO 12947-1): Level 5, no pilling
- MAX. TRACTION CHAIN (EN ISO 13934-1): 950 Newton
- MAX. TRACTION WEFT (EN ISO 13934-1): 1450 Newton
- SEAM SHEAR STRENGTH (EN ISO 13936-2): 0,4mm @ 100N
- SEAM SHOOT STRENGTH (EN ISO 13936-2): 0,4mm @ 100N
Before cleaning, the interior should be freed of coarse dirt. You can carefully vacuum the ALCANTARA® with a hand vacuum cleaner. ALCANTARA® is very easy to clean and to maintain. If you keep care of it, it will last for years without changing its appearance or touch.
The cleaning of ALCANTARA® should only be done by hand, with a soft, clean and slightly scrape cloth. Do not apply too much force, pressure or aggressive chemicals. If you have heavier dirt you can use one of the officially provided cleaning supplies.
G-DESIGN assumes no liability for damage caused by improper cleaning or misuse. Check out our published information on how to proper clean your ALCANTARA® interior.
The material was randomly tested, the o.g. test results represent average values. ALCANTARA® is the most durable material we offer our customer for their cases. It lasts for years on daily used car seats, it will last forever in your GD Ultimate Case!
With over 150.000 scrub tours it is almost 5 times more durable than regular fabrics or microfibres. It will provide the protection you are looking for, because it does not change over time or wear out. It's definitely the best choice.
We strive for true color representation of our fabric and leather pictures. The actual colors of the material may be slightly different from the screen for technical reasons.
ALCANTARA® itself has the highest rates for color shades and color fastness. Over years it will keep its original look and will not change its appearance.